www.flickr.com

Friday, September 29, 2006

No surprises that taxes are so high in Oz

It seems that most of Australias current big ticket military purchases are either US cast offs, or adjuncts to the US global adventuring. None of it seems to be much good either in Australia or in our potential local hotspots (Honiara, Port Moresby, Bali, or Dili) Gobsmacking!!! I mean you can't even transport one of the new tanks on the road or rail, far less land it at a dock in Australia or any of the local countries that we might want to invade. We are talking multiple billions, without all the infrastructure required to park, move, train.......

What are we scared of? Flesh eaters in West Papua, Balut sellers in the Philippines? The tanks are really good on the road to Tehran and the new destroyers are great in a fight to defend Taiwan. Not much good anywhere else. Can we please have more money for some hospitals and schools please?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My family members all the time say that I am wasting my time here at net, however I know I
am getting familiarity everyday by reading thes good articles.



my blog post :: lemon juicers

Anonymous said...

I've read some just right stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how a lot effort you place to create this kind of excellent informative site.

my web-site: wiki.ku.dk