www.flickr.com

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Russian Cosmonauts Give Up Space Pistol


I usually glaze over gun love stories favoured by a niche market in the blogosphere, but this one caught my interest.

Russian Cosmonauts will go into space for the first time in 20 years without a space pistol. Apparently it was not designed to repel marauding Martians seeking to gain access to space rations, but for self defence if they landed in god forbid, Kansas. The guns are now outdated and have less value than a pop gun in the deadly department. I can imagine that I would back down if had a spaceman wielding a pistol and shouting loudly in Russian however, so perhaps that is enough.

It is understood that instead of the gun, they will be armed with Uranium 232 pellet firing umbrellas favoured by the KGB, a large wooden cudgel, the sound track from Dr Zhivago and pictures of Paris Hilton to deter would be intruders.

Thanks for the Gun Story Mr Englishman

6 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Surely the Paris Hilton pics are for rhose long lonely space nights. I know it's desperation but what can they do!

ashleigh said...

The pics of Paris Hilton should be sufficient to repel any and everything, even in Kansas.

James Higham said...

That can be arranged, Colin,

Anonymous said...

How mad is that? I think a crossbow would have been more use and more fun!!

Anonymous said...

I have read several good stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking
for revisiting. I surprise how a lot effort you put to make this kind
of excellent informative site.

Here is my webpage :: best uk dedicated hosting

Anonymous said...

I know this site gives quality depending articles and extra stuff, is
there any other site which gives these kinds of stuff in quality?


my site :: www.cfnmfever.net