www.flickr.com

Monday, January 28, 2008

Media Consumption Meme

Jayne tagged me with this interesting meme. I normally steer clear of these, but this is quite easy and painless.

With the kids on holiday, there has been a lot of kids programmes and DVDs on in the background. Most prevalent this week was Sponge Bob, which is interesting in small amounts. The kids made a few videos using Hannah's camera and my phone. I was forced to sit through them as they were proudly presented.

I spend a good deal of time reading blogs and news websites. I like the Australian and the Age and had a look at some of the UK sites. Maintaining my own blog also takes time.

We have the Australian delivered on Saturday and the Sunday Mail on Sunday, but I didn't get around to reading either, which is not unusual with my focus on home fixing projects.

With the cricket test on in Adelaide I spent two days there. I love to listen to it on the radio at the same time. Kerry O'Keefe is a total crack up. I also like to follow it on Cricinfo, which is a fantastic cricket website. I watched a little on television, but they only show the last session here in Adelaide because it was not sold out.

I have been doing some reading on gardening as we work out which plants to put where in our new house. Today we were doing some colour matching for our next painting projects and my mother in law brought along a nice book, which helped to solve some of the issues. That and the Ikea catalogue for some storage ideas.

Other things I have been reading have been technical related to my work, bus timetables as I try to work out commuting options for work and mobile phone instruction manuals as I try to make it do what I want. On Australia Day I assembled our barbeque. How Aussie is that? As usual the instruction manual was pretty lame.

I have been listening to what the kids listen to. They only like singing and hate talk radio, which is what I would chose when driving. They like the contemporary stations, who I would never chose. I haven't figured out how to put music on my phone yet, so a musically barren week. I did enjoy the Goodies singing Funky Gibbon, which was posted on Road to Surfdom. I hadn't heard that for years.

Help yourself anybody who wants to have a go. I am not a meme passer on by nature.

No comments: