www.flickr.com

Friday, November 10, 2006

Ta Ta Rummy English Language Masher


The demise of Donald Rumsfeld is only sad for commentators of his mashing of English. Examples abound. Here are a few.

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know.


We do know of certain knowledge that he (Osama Bin Laden) is either in Afghanistan, or in some other country, or dead.

I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past - I think the past was not predictable when it started.

If I said yes, that would then suggest that that might be the only place where it might be done which would not be accurate ... necessarily accurate ... it might also not be inaccurate, but I mean ... I'm disinclined to mislead anyone.

Plenty more funny stuff here.

No comments: