Monday, February 18, 2013

Kansas lottery winners blow up house after buying dope and meth to celebrate.

WICHITA, Kan. —Authorities say two brothers accidentally blew up their house after celebrating a $75,000 winning lottery ticket by purchasing marijuana and meth.
Wichita police Sgt. Bruce Watts says one of the brothers was taken to a hospital and the other to jail after Friday's explosion. The Wichita Eagle reports that the injured 27-year-old brother is in serious but stable condition with second-degree burns on his hands, arms and chest.
Watts says the explosion happened after one of the brothers went to the kitchen to refuel the butane torches they planned to use to light their bongs. The brother emptied a couple large cans of butane lighter fluid, leaking butane into the air.
Eventually, butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, causing the blast.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-city/Kansas-lottery-winners-blow-up-house/-/11664182/18583072/-/spvay2z/-/index.html#ixzz2LCXMMdIO