www.flickr.com

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Photo Hunt In Memory


Trying to stay away from morbid themes. When I was little we had a blacksmith just down the road from our house. My mum used to take us for walks and we would watch him shoe horses. Dirty, hot and gloomy work. I have vivid memories of the huge bellows being used to heat up the coals. Our trip to Swan Hill in January brought us to the settlement where a recreated blacksmiths workshop was maintained as part of the many interesting historical displays. The blacksmith was just getting started for the day.








Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

8 comments:

YTSL said...

"Trying to stay away from morbid themes..."

Yeah, I'm figuring this will be an unusually sober(ing) Photo Hunt in the main. Though you did manage to not be morbid, Colin. :)

jmb said...

A blast from the past. Funny how some things trigger memories from long ago.

I did not go for anything too close to my emotional comfort zone either.

Happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

Memories from the past,most times we're only left with them.
Happy weekend Colin!

Marites said...

i know this theme can be quite solemn and serious so i can understand your take:) it's actually nice to see the recreation of the past. it makes us appreciate the present more.

jams o donnell said...

THere used to be a smithy in the village my mum is from. I could spend hours watching him at work. A wonderful memory Colin!

gengen said...

Nice memories and thanks for sharing to us. Mine is also ready.

Anonymous said...

What a great take on the theme, Colin, a wonderful memory and shot. I couldn't find an inspiration, so I am not playing, just lurking around.
Glad to hear your blog is certified free of swine flu!!
XD

Have a wonderful weekend

Carver said...

Great take on the theme. I love the shot.