www.flickr.com

Saturday, December 22, 2007

I'm Purple


Your dominant hues are red and blue. You're confident and like showing people new ideas. You play well with others and can be very influential if you want to be.

Your saturation level is very high - you are all about getting things done. The world may think you work too hard but you have a lot to show for it, and it keeps you going. You shouldn't be afraid to lead people, because if you're doing it, it'll be done right (My wife would strongly disagree with this}.

Your outlook on life can be bright or dark, depending on the situation. You are flexible and see things objectively.


Still moving house and blogging vicariously. We all stayed at the house last night for the first time. Lots of improvisation. It is amazing how dependent you get on a structured living arrangement. Back to do more packing today.

When we moved from Singapore, we had a corporate move and had 4 guys packing for four days before loading it into a sea container. Everything was meticulously wrapped and placed in boxes and all the furniture was shielded.

Our move from the US to Australia was less organised. I was in the US and Elizabeth and the kids were in Australia after being denied entry (Thanks Osama). We had to get out quickly before the house was repossessed. I did all the packing and three guys came to help me load it into a container. Elizabeth then had to go and do all the customs stuff, which always involves visits and fees to 37 different organisations, with two young kids and a stroller and arrange for it to go into storage. Joy Joy.

This time it is a bit of a hybrid of the others. The moving people underestimated our pile of prized possessions and so we are left with about half as much again to move. When they quoted, they thought that there would be a little left over, not another truck load. "No worries" he said when he quoted. We'll just send another truck. Well yes, but they are busy until mid January, so we had to call around to get somebody else to help. It is incredible that we have about 80 cubic metres of stuff. What to do with two hoarders and two young kids. Still a gigantic pain in the ass.

So although I am not in the middle of a purple patch, at least I am not too blue since I can see the end coming. I like the first part of the description about getting things done. That is true, but often in a chaotic way.

Anyway I like purple and can live with being defined by that colour. The purple carrots reminded me of our rabbits, which I managed to catch after over six months of running free around the neighbourhood. They were not happy to be back in their hutch. We thought long and hard about whether to bring them given that they were very used to our neighbourhood and coming to visit to feed every day. I really like having them around. We will have to go through the same process of getting them used to our new neighbourhood. Luckily there is a cubby house, which I have modified to keep them in while they get their bearings. Elizabeth has offered to get a cat if the kids tame the rabbits. Not very likely I think. We will bring them over today and that just leaves the budgies, Mr Quail, the goldfish and 10 gazzillion boxes.

Thanks the very blue Lewisham Kate and the spacefem.com html color quiz

2 comments:

Chervil said...

Hi Colin

I can relate to your moving blues so well! I have moved house ten times in the past, including several trans-continental moves (Europe-Asia-Australia). Last time we moved I was three weeks away from having my first baby (as so many people do), and it took years to unpack the last box. So for now I am steadfastly resisting any moves by my husband to find another place to live.

Good luck with it all and have a great Christmas in your new home!

kate said...

Hi, thanks for coming by...surprised to see you over my ends ...been here to visit a few times but never commented. Did you know there is a lewisham in OZ?
As for moving i have hardly ever moved and am absolutely dreading the time coming when i have to.
I think i would have something more than moving blues ;0)
Hope the moving goes well.