Frequently Asked Questions
What if the Rapture does not occur while my pet is alive?
It is certainly possible the Rapture will not occur any time soon. Like a thief in the night, we don't know the day or the hour of His coming. It's been over 2,000 years already, and it could be hundreds more. Or it could be tomorrow. By registering your pets with After The Rapture Pet Care, you'll have peace of mind knowing that IF the Rapture does occur soon, your pets won't be left alone in a locked house, a fenced yard, or your car. If your pet passes away, we ask that you let us know so we won't be looking to rescue pets that don't need rescuing.
Who are these Volunteer Caretakers and how do I know they'll take good care of my pets?
Carol seeks out non-Christian animal lovers because Christians will not be on the Earth after the Rapture. Most Volunteer Caretakers fit this description:
* They are atheist or another non-Christian religion.
* They love animals enough to register with us even though they do not believe there will be a Rapture (or are agnostic about it).
* They are not paid, so they are not signing up simply to make a quick buck. In fact, they've agreed to care for the pets they rescue as their own, including being financially responsible for them.
* We match Volunteer Caretakers by location and the types of pets they wish to care for. Some Volunteer Caretakers will care for any type of pet, while others express interest in only caring for particular animals, such as only dogs or only cats.
* They have agreed to seek out other Volunteer Caretakers to help them with our mission if the Rapture occurs. Each Volunteer Caretaker will be given access to our database of animal shelters and other animal rescue groups so they can quickly find other animal lovers to help rescue your pets.
Can I contact the Volunteer Caretakers in my area?
We have promised our Volunteer Caretakers we will keep their information strictly confidential. If they thought their information would be given out, or that Christians might try to pressure them to become Christians, they simply would not sign up.
Isn't the world going to be totally collapsed after the Rapture?
When all the Christians on the planet disappear, there will certainly be massive confusion. However, the majority of people will still be on earth, and communications will be their first priority to maintain. Therefore, I believe it will not be a problem to coordinate activities to rescue and care for your pets. As far as the data about all registered pets, it is located on Google servers (the most secure servers in the world) as well as our own server in Lansing, Michigan (away from political and military hot spots to minimize chance of destruction if there is a post-Rapture war). The non-Christian administrators assigned to coordinate our efforts after we're gone are also located in multiple locations, all with log in information.