www.flickr.com

Monday, October 15, 2007

Blog Action Day - The Environment


Sue Blimey put me on to this. She has an excellent informative post on the environment and things that we can do or learn about to make a difference. I work in the environmental management field, advising clients how to do the right thing. I get just as much satisfaction working with kids, planting trees, designing water conservation measures and overall environmental awareness through my work at my kids school.

Listening to Tim Flannery I liked his approach of doing something to make a difference. We can all collectively make a big difference by doing a little such as conserving power, water and other resources, not driving so much, taking public transport.

Here in South Australia, where Tim used to be Head of the SA Museum and had a big impact on the State Government in terms of practical implementation of energy saving, water conserving and solar power technologies, the drought is very real and we are living with the dramatic consequences of changing climate.

We are all obliged to do something or absolutely nothing. Now that would make a difference if we all did nothing for a few days.



Sue also has this commercial from the UK, that I liked. Not too preachy and fairly practical.

No comments: