www.flickr.com

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Margaritas





One of the things that I miss about living in the US, is Margaritas. They are just not as good anywhere else I have lived. Some of the worst were in the the well known margarita drinking countries of Indonesia and the Philippines. Better (and safer) to stick to beer in those countries), since the ice cubes can be pretty dodgy. I got the taste for them early in my career, when my boss would prefer to have meetings over lunch, because he had large consumable budgets and tiny labour budgets. We would often go to the local Mexican restaurant and chow down with a Margarita. The important ingredient is Tequila, which can sneak up on you like nothing else. The first time I tried it after a day of physical labour, clearing ski trails in Aspen, was a beer and tequila marathon. I just remember feeling great and walking outside into the snow and falling over. I have no memory of getting home and I still cringe as I remember trying to get through the following morning.

No comments: