www.flickr.com

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Golf Week Crosses the Line


The editor of Golf Week has been fired for putting a noose on the cover of the magazine.

The golf magazine featured a noose on a purple background as part of their cover story in response to the comments made by Golf Channel’s Kelly Tilghman on January 4th, that one way for young golfers to stop Tiger Woods is to "lynch him in a back alley." PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem sharply criticized the inappropriate cover of the magazine, calling the decision to put a noose on the cover "outrageous and irresponsible".


I mean what were they thinking? Right in the middle of an election campaign with a black man a prominent candidate a golf magazine playing the race card. I suggest sticking to birdies, eagles and albatrosses.

2 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Colin, I never understand how people can be so insensitive to use a noose on a magazine, or as a joke, or for anything...Stupid, stupid, stupid. The editor should have been fired!

Thanks for commenting on my Photo Hunters post! :)

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is required to get set up? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost
a pretty penny? I'm not very web smart so I'm not 100% sure. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Kudos

Visit my web blog :: easy diets that work