www.flickr.com

Monday, August 27, 2007

Brits Bail Out


Australia and New Zealand received over 100,000 immigrants from the UK out of a total of about 400,000, as many as France as Spain in the last year. During that period almost 600,000 people moved in. This is the largest rush for the doors since 1991.

Perhaps we can expect even higher numbers next year as Brits become more frustrated with a seven day summer (over 3 months). Happy Sunny Bank Holiday Weekend residents of that soggy place. Glad you have been able to find some sunny weather wherever you are.

I can confirm that it took me many months living in Colorado when I first emigrated to get used to the sun being out every day during the summer and fall. It stayed that way for the rest of the day. We have the same weather here in Adelaide at the end of winter at the moment as parts of the UK. 25 degrees and sunny is the forecast for today. It would be hard to go back to the UK weather and I am not sure I could cope with my Australian family moaning about how cold and wet it is.

Cross posted at the Wardman Wire.

No comments: