www.flickr.com

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Cocaine Catastrophe

The dangers of giving the cat leftovers.

A cat in Sydney’s eastern suburbs was taken to a vet high on cocaine and benzodiazepines. The eight-month-old Himalayan cat arrived at the Double Bay clinic on Monday morning with dilated pupils and a racing heart after being accidentally locked in a cupboard overnight, Fairfax newspapers reported. It was having trouble walking, was easily startled, paced incessantly and was too anxious to have a thermometer inserted into its rectum, said a report in this month’s edition of Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery (…) the owner’s wife admitted the cat could have licked “plates of cocaine” which had been served at a dinner party two days earlier.


From the Age

5 comments:

phishez_rule said...

When did they report that? I read it in a veterinary magazine a month ago.

So much for 'current news'.

phishez_rule said...

Thats not a dig at you. I just realised that could come across really badly. Thats a dig at the newspapers.

Colin Campbell said...

Anything to sell newspapers. We have a dog that acts like this all the time, so I thought it was interesting.

River said...

"plates of cocaine which had been served at dinner two days earlier"
TWO DAYS EARLIER?? What, they don't wash their dishes?

Colin Campbell said...

I think that cocaine is a little expensive to wash down the sink.