www.flickr.com

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Are your really sure that you want to be the boss? Are your really really sure?

My boss should probably have read this prior to his promotion. So true. It is a very painful transition for many, including him. He recently made the transition to Regional Manager, after having other, more technical roles. He is the nicest person and highly admired. I really like him, but you couldn't pay me enough to do his job.

I looked at him yesterday as his eyes glazed over with the issues I brought to him for direction and resolution. It makes me very happy with the role I have, along with my part time hours. Not too much responsibility and virtually no responsibility for managing people. I know I would not be good at that and it is good that I don't have to do it. Life is too short.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'm with you on this one! It's just not worth being the "boss" in some situations. You have your priorities right, CC.