www.flickr.com

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Look at Moui! Shane Warne Hits the Big Time with Second Marriage


Shane ties the virtual knot with sports mad Sharon Strezleki played by Magda Subanski in the next series of Kath and Kim. First, Sharon has to fight off bitter competition.

Plans for a US version of the show are still having teething problems. Bizarre! Why not just show it as it is. It really is very funny and a great insight into Australian culture.

Americans have no problem exporting their shows, good, bad and indifferent. Why not import some quality shows from the countries that they dominate on the commercial networks, Australia being one of the largest overseas markets for American television content.

3 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Is it a "reality" show then? - Can't stand them as I have enough trouble coping with reality as it is. But you make a good point about Oz being able to export shows to the US. Good luck with it, Oz!

Colin Campbell said...

No it is a very funny comedy, based upon a suburban family in Melbourne. Not at all like Neighbours. I know it has been shown in the UK.

Liz Hinds said...

I've only seen little bits of it but I thought it was more of a sketch show. I'll have to look out for it.

I am a Neighbours fan (hangs her head in shame) but even I am having trouble tolerating some of the current storylines!