www.flickr.com

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Northern Ireland moves on.


Growing up in the 60s and 70s and making regular driving trips to Donegal through Northern Ireland from Scotland, I have vivid memories of the troubles on the radio, television and seeing some of the areas featured in the evening news for all the wrong reasons. It was very odd (I really struggled to get the right word here) to see Gerry Adams and the Reverend Ian Paisley sitting together with plans to govern cooperatively.

It just seems very unlikely.

Ian Paisley's voice is for me, the embodiment of the hatred that existed (and probably still does) , despite the public relations love in. I mean they didn't even shake hands. It was just like Arafat and Rabin with Clinton.

3 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

I cannot believe that Ian Paisley can end up as First Minister. Actually I can't believe that anyone could vote for him.

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beach front with my kids.
I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the
shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit
crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back!

LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!


My web blog - just click the up coming website

Anonymous said...

Ahaa, its nice discussion concerning this article at this place at this
web site, I have read all that, so now me also commenting at this place.


Stop by my blog post twitter account