www.flickr.com

Friday, August 03, 2007

Lacist Humour



I can't help it, I am Scottish. The Scots are the most racist when it comes to jokes. It is to do with our inferiority complex and anybody who is not fair of skin is sufficiently worse off to our way of thinking that they are worthy of a joke.

I grew up in a country where the only foreigners were a few white English and Irish people. People of colour were about as rare as people who like Tony Blair. Call us narrow minded and parochial if you like, but it is true.

So if you don't like it, tough. I blame my parents.

Now say it out loud after me.

3 comments:

Sean Jeating said...

Human Rights Congress (somewhere in Scotland). Asks someone a member of the Chinese delegation: "Do you have elections in China, too?" - "Oh, yes, evely molning, evely molning." :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin, this must be doing the rounds, I got it by email this week. Funny! Have you seen engrish.com - I'm sure you'd enjoy :)

Anonymous said...

each time i used to read smaller articles which also clear their
motive, and that is also happening with this post which I
am reading at this place.

My web blog :: diets that work for women