www.flickr.com

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Scotty Lost in Space


Scotty's desire to be blasted in to space when he couldn't be beamed up any more has come to a crashing halt.

His family are frustrated in the delay in bringing to closure his funeral. "Longer than Lenins", one said.

I am all for scattering ashes in favourite places, even scattering out of planes, but blasting into space seems a bit much and prone to disaster. Not knowing where your relatives remains were would be a bit odd. Elizabeth's dads and those of his parents are in our shed waiting for a better spot. At least we know where they are.

I doubt it will be Mars.

That reminded me of a lame Star Trek joke. How many ears does Captain Kirk have? Four - a Left, a Right, a Wild Front and a Scottish Engine

SpaceX will just have to try harder next time and take on board some of this optimism.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

I'm sure the little green Martians would just love the ashes messing up their playgrounds...:P

River said...

My parents both wanted to be scattered in the ocean so they could float back to their homeland, so that's what we did. For myself, I'd like my body to go to a "body farm" like the one they have in America (Virginia?), so that forensic scientists could study it and learn. Unfortunately we don't have such a facility here in Australia, so I don't know what to do with the old carcass after it finally breathes it's last breath.

Anonymous said...

My uncle has his cousin's ashes in his garage as he wanted a last ride in my uncle's Ford Model T which is still a restoration job.