www.flickr.com

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Stop Press I'm Fired


Not the Headline you would anticipate writing when you got up in the morning.

The Age's editor-in-chief, Andrew Jaspan, has been removed from his position less than 24 hours after the newspaper's owner, Fairfax Media, announced 550 job losses.

I like the Age. It is definitely the best web based news source in Australia. Hope the axe wielding doesn't impact the quality.

Tough love for the former editor of the Sunday Herald.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Chervil said...

I hope The Age doesn't go the way of the Sydney Morning Herald after they had a change of their chief editor a couple of years ago. Quality definitely dropped a lot.

Anonymous said...

I have sacked myself as well as the 500 people formally employed on me blog..