www.flickr.com

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Water versus Coke

I saw this interesting comparison between water and coke earlier this week in an email that my wife forwarded. It has been reproduced in full on I Want to Breathe.

I think everyone knows about the benefits of drinking water, but I liked these bits on the benefits or otherwise of Coke.

#1. the active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
It will dissolve a nail in about four days and a T Bone Steak in two days.
Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major
contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.

#2.To carry Coca-Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the
commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place
cards reserved for highly corrosive materials. It is used to clean truck engines, the toilet and to dissolve blood on the road after road accidents.


I quite like the stuff, but only drink it rarely. My big boss only drinks Coke. I will have to ask him if he has any teeth left.

2 comments:

James Higham said...

I'm a bit worried about this "wife e-mailed me". What have you done with her, Colin?

Colin Campbell said...

Even in the Government they get more than their fair share of chain emails and she sometimes shares them with me . She has been on a crusade for a while to discourage the kids from drinking coke. This just rang a bell.